FuguIta - OpenBSD-based Live System†
FuguIta 7.3, based on OpenBSD 7.3, was first released on April 22, 2023.
- You can specify the size of MFS as a percentage of the total amount of memory and swap space by appending "%%" after the number.
If multiple swap partitions are present, there was an issue where the size of MFS with "%%" was not calculated correctly.
This was fixed at this release.
Older Release Notes
What is FuguIta?†
FuguIta is a live system based on OpenBSD operating system.
- supported platforms
- i386 - the Intel i386 architecture and compatible processors
- amd64 - AMD64-based systems
- arm64 - 64-bit ARM systems (confirmed on Raspberry Pi 3/4)
- type of files supplied
- ISO image files for LiveDVD
- raw disk image files for other devices (USB, SD, HDD, SSD...etc)
Easy to use
- Bootable from DVD or USB memory stick, no need to install to PC's internal storage.
- Operates almost like a normally installed OpenBSD, and the built-in online manual can be used as it is.
- Additional software can be installed using OpenBSD's package management system.
Tracking patches of OpenBSD
- We publish new release of FuguIta as soon as the OpenBSD development group announces new errata (security fixes and reliability enhancements).
- FuguIta itself is also modified and added functions as needed.
- Three boot modes can be selected according to the performance of the hardware.
- Mode 0: FuguIta's standard startup mode
- Mode 1: Short boot time and memory-saving operation*1
- Mode 2: Transfers the entire system to memory for faster operation.
- Multiple FuguIta devices can be attached to accommodate irregular hardware configurations.
Utilize LiveUSB features
Support tools provided
Remastering and Customization
- Remastering LiveDVD and LiveUSB on running FuguIta.
- LiveDVD to LiveUSB and LiveUSB to LiveDVD remastering are also possible.
- Customization is also possible by modifying the contents during the duplication process.
- LiveUSB duplication can also encrypt the partition for data storage.
- FuguIta Guide
A comprehensive document of FuguIta - setting up, fundamental and advanced usage, development.
- The FuguIta Guide
- English version (automatically translated from Japanese version)
- 河豚板ガイド(FuguIta Gaido)
- Japanese original version
What does the name "FuguIta" mean?†
FuguIta () stands for "Blowfish Disk" in Japanese.
Fugu means blowfish, and Ita means something flat such as a plate, a disk or a board etc...
Some Japanese might associate those who cook when hearing Ita. For them, so FuguIta also means "Blowfish Cook" as double meaning.
- "FuguSashi" is an unofficial nickname for the LiveUSB version of FuguIta.
"Sashi" is a Japanese word meaning "to insert" or "to stick", but it is also an abbreviation for "sashimi".
Most Japanese people will associate "FuguSashi" with fugu sashimi.