FuguIta - OpenBSD-based Live System†
FuguIta 7.2, based on OpenBSD 7.2, was first released on October 31, 2022.
Older Release Notes
What is FuguIta?†
FuguIta is a live system based on OpenBSD operating system.
- supported platforms
- i386 - the Intel i386 architecture and compatible processors
- amd64 - AMD64-based systems
- arm64 - 64-bit ARM systems (confirmed on Raspberry Pi 3/4)
- type of files supplied
- ISO image files for LiveDVD
- raw disk image files for other devices (USB, SD, HDD, SSD...etc)
Easy to use
- Bootable from DVD or USB memory stick, no need to install to PC's internal storage.
- Operates almost like a normally installed OpenBSD. Online manual pages are also available.
- Additional software can be installed using OpenBSD's package management system.
Tracking patches of OpenBSD
- We publish new release of FuguIta as soon as the OpenBSD development group announces new errata (security fixes and reliability enhancements).
- FuguIta itself is also modified and added functions as needed.
- Three boot modes can be selected according to the performance of the hardware.
- Mode 0: FuguIta's standard startup mode
- Mode 1: Short boot time and memory-saving operation*1
- Mode 2: Transfers the entire system to memory for faster operation.
- Multiple FuguIta devices can be attached to accommodate irregular hardware configurations.
Utilize LiveUSB features
Support tools provided
Remastering and Customization
- Remastering LiveDVD and LiveUSB on running FuguIta.
- LiveDVD to LiveUSB and LiveUSB to LiveDVD remastering are also possible.
- Customization is also possible by modifying the contents during the duplication process.
- LiveUSB duplication can also encrypt the partition for data storage.
What does the name mean?†
FuguIta () stands for "Blowfish Disk" in Japanese. Fugu means blowfish, and Ita means something flat such as a plate, a disk or a board etc...
Some Japanese might associate those who cook when hearing Ita.
For them, so FuguIta also means "Blowfish Cook" as double meaning.
- FuguIta Start Guide - Please read this first!
A guide to setting up and fundamental usage of FuguIta.
- FuguIta Guide
A comprehensive document of FuguIta - setting up, fundamental and advanced usage, development.
*²ÏÆÚÈÄ¥¬¥¤¥É (FuguIta Gaido) ... Japanese original version
*FuguIta-Guide ... English version translated by Alfredo Vogel